Sunday, June 12, 2011

Plane Ride back to NJ

I had a really cool experience on the plane ride back to NJ. I sat next to a lady that was about 50 years old and she is from the Philippines, and she had prayer beads and a religious book with her, so I asked her about her religion and later in the conversation she asked me what my religion was. When I told her I was Mormon she asked about us believing in polygamy, after we cleared that up she asked why we can't eat Shellfish and Clams haha It was so funny, I was like where in the world did you hear that? haha I talked about how we believe in three different kingdoms in the after life and she said that her religion believes that too and we talked about how we do baptisms and the second coming and a bunch of other stuff. She was so excited that our religions were so similar, she was the sweetest lady ever. She said she would love to talk to our missionaries! I was so excited! She asked if she could have my phone number before I even asked for hers! ha And then she handed me a paper with her info on it. For the rest of the 3 hours we talked about life in general, she had so many amazing stories about growing up in the Philippines. She is an amazing person and has done so much good. she was so sweet. She kept thanking me and telling me how much she learned from me. It was the best experience ever!! Out of all the people I could have sat next to on the plane I know the lord put me there for a reason. When we landed I was so sad ha I didn't want to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment